Sunday, November 9, 2008

Confessions of a shoe-loving student


I have a confession to make. When I feel down (which always seems to coincide with uni exams) I wear my heels with my bonds trackie get-up. Oh the shame!!!


My unhealthy obsession with shoes started when I was in Year 9 when my parents bought me a pair of 'jesus shoes' with white woven leather (they're more like a mix between thongs and gladiators). Since then I have bought one pair of designer-y shoes per season. After purchasing a pair of Alessandro del Acqua heels in the middle of this year (an absolute steal I might add). The lustre of cheap designer heels quickly wore off on their first outing when I could not walk for more than 5 steps at a time. This embarassing and painful event has dented my love of high heels and platforms: THEY ARE NOT COMFORTABLE.


Behold, this spring I got a pair of lovely miu miu wedges: wedge for comfort and easy to walk in. I know they are not to everyone's taste but I love them, they suit my style and I will be wearing them for many years to come! Mine are slightly different to the photo - about half the height and with red patent leather straps. Thoughts?

No comments: